Avid E3 Engine Internals
The Avid E3 Engine contains a daughter board, the Diamond Platform controller (see Avid Diamond Platform) running Linux that bridges the physical audio connections of the E3 engine with the AVB protocol stack.
It also contains a second daughter board, the Feroceon-KW controller (see Avid Feroceon-KW) running Linux that enables the Ethernet switching functionality of the AVB ports (ports A, B, and C). It also provides an EUCON proxy for connecting to the Avid S3 Console.
The fourth Ethernet port is controlled by Windows.
This is a rough block diagram based on my current understanding from my digging.
Many thanks to Karl Noon (email@example.com), who is the person who supplied me with just enough info that I was able to find my way into the internals of the Avid S3L.
Avid [ex]-employees I've tracked down
- Jeff Koftinoff (http://www.linkedin.com/in/jdkoftinoff/) – Senior Networking Software Engineer at Apple and IEEE Technical Editor; member of AES
- Jessie Forgues (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jesseforgues/) – Senior Engineer at Gibson. Previously a Principal Engineer of the Avid S3L system.
- Rob Silfvast (https://www.linkedin.com/in/robsilfvast/) – Hardware and Systems Engineering at Apple; developer of many parts of the Avid S3L AVB internals
- Windows Embedded 8
- Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU -- P4500 @ 1.87GHz
- Installed memory (RAM)
- 2.00 GB (1.87 GB usable)
- System type
- 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
- iLok -- Provider: PACE Anti-Piracy, Inc. Date: 4/11/2013 Version: 188.8.131.52
- Human Interface Devices
- Avid Virtual Keyboard Device -- Provider: Avid, Date: 8/21/2014 Version: 184.108.40.2067
- Avid Virtual Mouse Device -- Provider: Avid, Date: 8/21/2014 Version: 220.127.116.117
- Network adapters
- Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection -- Provider: Intel Date: 8/26/2013 Version: 18.104.22.168
- Intel(R) 82577LM Gigabit Network Connection -- Provider: Intel Date: 6/19/2013 Version: 22.214.171.124
- Sound, video and game controllers
- Bonanza-On-Berlin -- Provider: Avid Date: 2/6/2018 Version: 126.96.36.199
- Research stuff in
CarbonLogsCollector-- Check the
eucon_FTP_get_script.batbatch script in here for interesting
portwellx64.sys-- related to https://portwell.eu/ ??cat